Powered By Blogger

Welcome

This is Stevie's blog, just some stuff' about what I'm up to. I'm not too serious so hopefully we can have a laugh together..........

Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

Georgia and my feet stink!

That tiny spot in the middle of the fence is the truck. I'm halfway up some bloody mountain catching my breath. We stayed as this neat town which begins with Stepensomething a few miles from the Russian border. The first night we bush camped and some random strangers came up with wine so what could you do but welcome them and drink their stash haha. The next night a couple of hit the town (such as it is) and had a beer in a local bar about .50p a pint....slurp!

Anyway after four days of bush camping no clean socks or crisp boxers I've developed quite an odour mmmmmmm. I've even got to keep my boots on or faint!!!!!

So this neat place up in the middle of goodness nowhere, one road in 130km long and road works all the way. Let me tell you something about most of the roads in Geogia, they are either full of cows, dogs o flippin great potholes The journey up took seven hours in a bumpy Odyssey truck but the views were awesome as we got higher and higher.


This is the main street in Metsia, yep that is the street. The road only opened in the 50's and is full of rather large pot holes. I'll never complain again, these are pot holes on speed, you could even swim across them.



Ok a brief potted history. The siege towers above were owned by each family in the village, they were built, erm.....along time ago to keep them safe when, erm......pirates came calling and tried o steal their cattle or women or something. There are lots of them and they are unique to this area. Oh, men are king here, women do all the work, everything. Yep the blokes just sit around and chat - quite right too.


Just lately and its probably due to our travels being off the normal route, we have become quite an attraction, people stare, dogs gather in large packs, taxi drivers offer tours and best of all the local police stand guard while we sleep - how cool is that.


That's the potted version, its beer o'clock, my turn in the shower and I need to have my pants an socks surgically removed so see you next time. Oh we are now 3 hours in front of you guys in Blighty, its warm suny and all that stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment