Powered By Blogger

Welcome

This is Stevie's blog, just some stuff' about what I'm up to. I'm not too serious so hopefully we can have a laugh together..........

Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Day 10




The day started with a nit parade. Living in such close proximity with 22 fellow travellers means that checks have to be carried out on a regular basis. So we all lined up to attention outside of our tents as CJ the ex SAS Para trooper (remember him and nope we still haven’t seen the whites of his eyes yet) and font of all travel knowledge and he speaks many, many languages went through our hair with a fine tooth comb. As you know I don’t have a lot of hair on the top and luckily none were found or it would have been the back locker for me and solitary......only kidding folks.

To be fair to both CJ and Jim, they are two of the most relaxed guys and have a way that ensures you get the best out of the trip. Have incredible worldly knowledge, have many years of overland travel and have an answer to any query. This truly is going to be a fantastic trip, thanks guys.

So the days are rolling alone really quickly, everyone has settled in the groove, we can all cook up some really good grub each evening and time is passing so quickly I rarely know what day it is. We are through another time zone again and will pass through many others I guess. We have just arrived in Romania and the famous Transylvanian town that I can’t pronounce hah hah (do that in a Dracula voice for effect).








We have been blessed with superb weather and all of us are getting a nice tan. So I can knock off many place names like Turda Gorge (no really), Budapest and many others, we also saw a coach with passengers sailing up a river – very bizarre! Which means I should keep a diary so I can add more detail for you good folks back home in Blighty.



We are about to head off into the town for a meal later tonight and I need a beer but I’m still wearing my four day old undies and funnily enough those nasty flies that have been biting me are all gone.........maybe I should change my under crackers for the guys I’m sleeping with tonight or I may find I’m sleeping in the hall way ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment